Leprosy Mailing List (LML)Leprosy Mailing List archives & Documents
Welcome to the documents, webpages and archives of Leprosy Mailing List (LML). This is a moderated email list initiated by Dr Salvatore Noto in 2001. At present (February 2013) it counts about 350 members. It is managed jointly by Dr Salvatore Noto, Dr Pieter Schreuder, Dr Ben Naafs and Dr Sunil Deepak.
To Receive LML Messages
If you wish to receive LML messages and you want to share messages on LML, send a message to: editorlml(at)gmail.com (substitute "(at)" with @ in the email address). Subscription to the list is free of cost.
Objectives of Leprosy Mailing List
General objective: The main objective of the LML is to share information on the disease Leprosy and its control with e-mail and Internet users around the world.
Specific objectives: The specific objectives of LML are to -
- - divulge information about leprosy, its causes, burden, prevention and treatment;
- - share information about management of leprosy control activities and programmes;
- - share information about socio-cultural aspects of leprosy and the rehabilitation of patients with disabilities;
- - offer a distance learning tool in leprosy for health professionals;
- - create a forum to discuss the main issues on leprosy and its control activities and programmes.
Learning & Informational Materials From LML
All materials are in PDF format.
On Diagnosis of Leprosy (Updated February 2012): Diagnosis of leprosy - full text / Diagnosis of leprosy part 1 - introduction / Diagnosis of leprosy part 2 - Cardinal signs 1 / Diagnosis of leprosy part 2 - Cardinal signs 2 / Diagnosis of leprosy part 2 - Cardinal signs 3 / Diagnosis of leprosy part 3 - diagnosis & clinical spectrum
On Epidemiology of Leprosy (Updated July 2012): Basic epidemiological indicators for monitoring leprosy / Decline of registered prevalence of leprosy / Leprosy indicators / Global WHO strategy
On International Leprosy Association (ILA) & Leprosy Journals: List of ILA Presidents / List of international leprosy congresses and conferences / List of editors of leprosy periodicals
The LML archives from 2008 onwards are available on the LML blog (opens in a new window). Only the text messages are available on this blog, but not any enclosed files. If you are looking for a specific file shared on LML, you can try contacting Dr Sunil Deepak by writing to: sunil.deepak(at)aifo.it
Some of the old archives of LML are available below.The updating of LML archives on this page of AIFO website was stopped in March 2013. Thus, if you are looking for LML archives after March 2013, check the LML blog (opens in a new window).
Old archives of LML
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2013
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2012
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2011
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2010
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2009 (Not available)
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2008 (Not available)
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2007 (Not available)
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2006
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2005
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2004
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2003
- Leprosy Mailing List Archives from 2001-02 (Not available)
A country-wise list of persons receving LML (Updated on 27 November 2012 - Excel format).
Other Teaching & Learning Resources from AIFO Italy
You can also check the teaching and learning resources on: Index of training and learning materials on leprosy - Disability and Rehabilitation issues - General health care and development issues